ABOUT US: Home & Hope is one of the largest and most effective providers of shelter and supportive services within San Mateo county. As a results-driven organization, since the beginning, our mission has been to provide interim housing and supportive services that create opportunities for homeless families and individuals to rapidly return to stable housing and long-term self-sufficiency. Our successful therapeutic service model combines clean, modern housing with intensive supportive services that promote dignity and motivate our clients to achieve autonomy.
CULTURE: Home & Hope staff are dedicated to serving our community. Diverse in background, outlook and life experience, our team addresses important social issues with passion and creativity. A culture of collaboration and innovation provides a thriving and successful environment for all. We foster personal growth through ongoing investment in the professional development of our staff. Together, we are committed to breaking the cycle of homelessness and helping our clients achieve long-term self-sufficiency.
The Volunteer Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Program Director of Motel Voucher Program (COVID response) in San Mateo. Flexibility and a “can-do”, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude are required. The successful candidate will be proactive, self-managed, organized, and have the ability to multi-task.
- Administrative support to Program Director and MVP (COVID response) in San Mateo
- Participate in administration and coordination of program meetings, training and activities.
- Heavy calendaring and scheduling; with documentation preparation to place homeless families in motels
- Provide support and basic need services to homeless families staying in a motel
- Serve as point of contact for meals to individuals at the motel
- Assist in the development of appropriate program procedures, policies, and forms, as related to program improvement.
- Initiate and execute procedural improvements to increase efficiency
- Support with the implementation of safety procedures
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Bilingual Spanish speaking required
- Prior executive support and/or project management experience a plus
- A friendly, positive, service-oriented demeanor
- Up-to-date technical savvy, with strong Microsoft Office and PC skills
- Reliability and seeing each project through to the end
- Meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to high standards and quality
- Exceptional follow-through
- A high level of discretion with sensitive and confidential information
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
We have a comprehensive benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Account, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, etc.
To learn more about our non-profit organization, check out our website at www.homeandhope.net
Home & Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)