Let’s Create Change, Together
Join the Home & Hope family and make a difference.
Use Your Skills for Good, Every Day
We’re a diverse group of people who passionately believe in our mission to provide a safe haven for homeless families while helping them to regain long-term self-sufficiency and to raise awareness around the plight of homeless families by engaging our local community.
Together, we create an environment of safety, work-life balance, communication, respect, support, and trust. We’re a small but mighty organization with big ideas, so we’re committed and focused on grassroots ways to create change in our own backyard and in the world. We engender hope, justice, compassion, positivity, and kindness within the organization and with everyone we encounter.
Position: Case Manager
30 hours per week (morning and evening shifts)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct potential shelter guest assessments and intakes.
- Orient guests to shelter and house rules. Assure that guests practice house rules.
- Assess guest’s needs, situations, strengths, and support networks to determine their goals.
- Develop mutually-agreed upon plans to improve guests’ well-being and increase self-sufficiency.
- Work with guests to develop and maintain relevant and meaningful case plans. Meet regularly with guests to support case plan accomplishment.
- Provide concrete case management and access to in-house and external resources.
- Refer guests to other agencies and resources and advocate directly with other agencies as needed to help guests access necessary services.
- Maintain service partnerships with referral agencies.
- Help guests adjust to the change and challenges in their lives including homelessness, unemployment, abuse, recovery, and family issues.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with a very diverse population with a wide array of needs.
- Complete and maintain guest records that document services provided.
- Participate in staff meetings, case conferences, and other meetings as needed.
Day Center Oversight:
- Oversee shelter environment and activities, facilitate problem solving for in-house conflicts and crises, and encourage and model appropriate shelter interactions.
- Mediate on behalf of guests when appropriate. Provide appropriate follow-up and documentation of emergency incidents or rule non-compliance.
- Manage incoming calls and walk-ins and complete necessary documentation.
- Support the daily operations of the shelter offices.
- Assess immediate crisis needs of guests and address appropriately.
- Maintain relationships with outside agencies, volunteers, and partnering congregations.
- Monitor inventory and ensure supplies for rotations are on hand and in order.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
The Case Manager will be thoroughly committed to Home & Hope’s mission. All candidates should have proven experience in programs that work with a high-risk population. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual Spanish/English skills not required but preferred
- Experience in case management or providing social services
- Experience working with mental health and substance abuse populations
- Experience using positive problem-solving and conflict resolution techniques as well as de-escalation strategies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and demonstrate cultural competency
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially using Google Workspace,
- Microsoft Word/Excel, and strong skills in working with customized databases
- Reliable vehicle, valid California driver’s license, clean driving record, and proof of insurance (Motor vehicle report will be obtained prior to hire and run periodically thereafter.)
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must pass background check
The position requires sitting at a desk approximately 60% of the time, with standing 20%, and walking or driving 20% of the time. The Case Manager must have the ability to perform routine bending, stooping, twisting, and reaching. Lifting may be required occasionally of no more than 25 pounds at a time. Approximately 60% of the time, the Case Manager uses a computer, keyboard, mouse, telephone, mobile phone, fax machine, copier, and video conferencing equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in an office environment and/or at various community locations and requires local travel.
This is a part-time position with excellent benefits. Home & Hope offers:
- A competitive hourly rate.
- A benefits package that includes a flex spending plan and 100% paid employee medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Paid sick leave and time off.
- A 403(b) retirement plan.
- A friendly culture that truly believes in the importance of work/life balance.
- A diverse team committed to making the world a better place.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter with the subject line “Case Manager Applicant” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Comprehensive health care coverage
- Dental and vision coverage
- Health Savings Plan (HSP)
- Continuing education assistance
- Kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks
- Paid sick leave and time off
- Friendly culture that truly believes in the importance of work/life balance
- A great team committed to making the world a better place
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with our progress. No spam, we promise.