Volunteers are at the core of Home & Hope
Home & Hope engages over 1,400 volunteers from 34 partner congregations and other community organizations and businesses to provide support for our families every day of the year.
It is impossible for families to make long-term change without community and supportive resources. Volunteers not only provide the tangibles of food and shelter, they bring hope and stability to families facing devastating circumstances.
Please take a few minutes to look at a this video from the originators of Home & Hope’s shelter model, the Interfaith Hospitality Network program of Family Promise. You’ll learn about the program and why volunteering is so important and meaningful.
Family Promise/IHN Video
You can make a difference in the lives of our homeless families.
Our opportunities are divided into three categories. We need every one of these roles to be filled every day of the year. Sign up as an individual for helping out with one of these tasks, or sign up as a team to take on a whole night!
The giving of your time is invaluable
- If your family loved it, ours will too!
- Help prepare a meal for the families
- Bring a salad, side dish or main course
- Stay and eat together family-style
- Get creative!
- Spend the evening with the families
- Lead arts and crafts, play games, or just hang out
- Help with homework and child care
- Just bring yourself!
- Stay overnight with the families
- Help prepare breakfast and bag lunches in the morning