Home & Hope is here to help
If you are homeless or will become homeless in a matter of days, Home & Hope might be able to help.
To be eligible for assistance from Home & Hope, a family must:
- Be currently homeless or facing eviction within a week
- Be at least one adult and one dependent child in the custody of the adult
- Must currently reside in San Mateo County, California (on the San Francisco Peninsula, from Daly City in the north to East Palo Alto in the south)
- Be willing to participate in the program and follow all program rules
- Meet certain other criteria relating to addiction, criminal records, domestic violence, etc.
If you feel you meet these qualifications and would like to enter Home & Hope's Sheltering Program, you will first need to contact one of Home & Hope's referral agencies (listed below). You should speak to a social worker at one of the referral agencies, and ask about Home & Hope. They can arrange an intake. If there are no current openings, or if you do not qualify for Home & Hope, they will be able to suggest temporary resources or other programs that can help you.
Assistance Outside of San Mateo County
If you live or work in the San Francisco Bay Area, but not in San Mateo County, and you need shelter, you can find help by calling the Shelter Bed Hotline at 1-800-774-3583. If you need shelter outside of the San Francisco Bay Area, consult your local yellow pages for listings of shelters and homeless service agencies.
Home & Hope works with over 30 referral agencies throughout the Peninsula. Below is a list of our core referral agencies: